+352 691 217 830
Member of the Luxembourg Bar (List IV)
Member of the Warsaw Bar (Attorney-at-law)
Katarzyna’s advice focuses on:
- Companies’ formation, M&A, conversions, capital changes and other types of corporate transactions;
- Choice and structuring of an adequate investment vehicle;
- CSSF approval procedure concerning new or existing investment vehicles, management companies and professionals of the financial sector;
- Listing of the investment vehicles on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange;
- Luxembourg regulations on marketing and distributions of investment funds;
- Regulatory questions linked to AIFMD and MIFID II;
- Brexit implications, especially on the management companies;
- Relocation of investment fund business to Luxembourg.
Before founding KBAS Legal, Katarzyna worked in an investment management department of a reputed international law firm in Luxembourg, where she advised clients on different matters linked to Luxembourg investment vehicles, in particular alternative investment funds and where she developed particular expertise in regulatory and compliance matters.
Katarzyna has regularly been in contact with the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) regarding various regulatory questions and assisted in the approval procedures concerning either regulated investment funds or management companies.
Prior to this, Katarzyna has worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland where she has, inter alia, represented Poland before the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg. In addition to that, she has been seconded to the Court of Justice of the European Union as the national expert.
Furthermore, Katarzyna acquired extensive experience in various areas of European law, including competition law, company law, transportation law, as well as consumer protection.
Katarzyna speaks English, French, German and Polish.
- College of Europe, M.A. in Single Market;
- Jagiellonian University, Master of Law;
- School of Austrian Law of the Universität Wien and of the Jagiellonian University;
- School of American Law of the Catholic University of America, Washington and of the Jagiellonian University;
- Jagiellonian University, Master of International Relations.